Is it time for auto repair on your vehicle? When your vehicle begins to give you trouble it is important that you bring it to a professional auto repair shop for service. Whether it needs a quick tune up or major engine work, you want to be sure that only qualified hands are getting under the hood.
Auto repair is a very serious business and if done improperly it can result in a car that’s in worse shape than it started out in. To ensure your car ends up in an honest garage that will get the job done right be sure to ask yourself the following questions.
What certifications should a shop have?
Always seek out a shop that can hang its reputation on the wall, quite literally.
- AAA Approved– It is quite difficult for an auto repair shop to earn the approval of the Automobile Association of America. In order to do so they must prove that they offer the highest quality auto repair at affordable process.
- ASE Certification– To be sure that only professional, experienced mechanics are working on your car look for the blue seal of certification from ASE. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence tests individual technicians on their skills.
How can I get my car in for repair?
Having to bring your car to the auto shop can be a pretty big inconvenience, unless the shop offers the following services.
- Shuttle service– If you have to get to work, or anywhere else for that matter, but rely on your car, it can be hard to leave it at a shop. A local shuttle service should be provided to ensure your life never misses a beat.
- Early bird/night drop off– Can’t bring your car to the shop during normal business hours? A before and after hours drop off program will resolve that issue.
Can trust an auto repair shop?
There are a few other things to look for in a quality facility.
- Years of experience– The longer a shop has been in business the better. A couple decades of being open just goes to show the shop has developed a strong connection with the community and has proven their worth.
- Warranty– A shop that truly believes in their auto repair capabilities they will offer a warranty to back up their work!
When you need auto repair in Mountain View the shop that meets all of these requirements, and many others not discussed, is A-1 Auto Tech. Our friendly team is capable of providing any type of auto repair your import or domestic car, truck or SUV may need. To learn more about our services or to schedule expert auto repair in Mountain View give us a call at (650) 487-2240 today.